Our offices are closed due to the health crisis, and will remain so until it is safe for staff and visitors to return.
In the meantime, all SoA staff are working from home and available by email – firstname.lastname@example.org – or by calling 020 7373 6642. Mail sent to our Bedford Row office is being redirected to our staff.
You can find more information about how we have adapted our activities, alongside practical resources for authors, on our COVID-19 update page.
We have taken the following steps to ensure we are a COVID-19 secure workplace:
- Carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with employees.
- Cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance.
- Taken all reasonable steps to help people work safely in a COVID-19 secure workplace or working from home.
- Taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2-metre distance in the workplace.
- Complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of staying COVID-19 secure in 2020.
- Where people cannot keep 2-metres apart, we have ensured at least a 1-metre distance and taken all the mitigating actions possible to manage transmission risk.
Please contact us below if you have any queries.
Mon-Thurs: 9:30am to 5:30pm
Friday: 9:30am to 5pm
For membership and general enquiries: email@example.com
020 7373 6642
The Society of Authors
24 Bedford Row
We are not currently open for member drop-in visits. Click here to find out more about our member space
Please note: We do not yet have suitable wheelchair access as we are about half a metre above ground level with entrance steps only. We are working to make sure this is available and will keep you updated.
The closest underground stations are Holborn (Central and Piccadilly Lines), Chancery Lane (Central Line) and Russell Square (Piccadilly Line).
It takes approximately 7 minutes to walk to 24 Bedford Row from Holborn or Chancery Lane, and 12 minutes from Russell Square.
We are a short walk away from Gray’s Inn Road / Theobalds Road with bus routes towards King’s Cross (63, 46, 45), Angel Islington (38, 341, 19) or Old Street (55, 243).
You can also take a bus from Holborn station towards Waterloo (521) or from Chancery Lane station towards Bank (8) or London Bridge (521).