- This event has passed.
Afternoon Tea with Naomi Alderman
31 March @ 14:30 - 15:15 BST
Grab a cuppa and find out more about English novelist and game writer Naomi Alderman. Best known for her speculative science fiction novel The Power, which won the Baileys Women’s Prize for Fiction in 2017. Naomi will be in conversation with the SoA’s Head of Prizes and Awards Robyn Law to discuss her work, creative routine and how authors can reach out and connect to readers.
- Welcome by Robyn Law (2 mins)
- Discussion with Naomi Alderman about her work and career, and glimpse into her creative routine (10-15 mins)
- Advice for authors on staying creative and connected during difficult times (10 mins)
- Naomi Alderman will do a short reading from The Power
- Q&A from audience (10-15 mins)
Send us your questions in advance
If you would like to send questions for Naomi Alderman in advance, email Rlaw@societyofauthors.org with ‘Naomi Alderman – Question’ in the subject header. We will prioritise questions sent in advance and answer as many as we can on the day.
SoA @ Home Fundraising Bookshop
Browse our virtual Bookshop.org store featuring books by authors and speakers taking part in the SoA @ Home Festival. When you make a purchase using our affiliate links a percentage will go to the Authors’ Contingency Fund, providing hardship grants to authors in financial difficulty.
Naomi Alderman – Novelist
Naomi Alderman’s most recent novel The Power was the winner of the 2017 Baileys Women’s Prize for Fiction. Her first novel, Disobedience, was adapted into a feature-length film by Oscar-winning director Sebastián Lelio, starring Rachel Weisz and Rachel McAdams. In 2006 she won the Orange Award for New Writers. In 2007 she was named Sunday Times’ Young Writer of the Year, and one of Waterstone’s 25 Writers for the Future. Naomi has been mentored by Margaret Atwood and in April 2013 she was named one of Granta’s Best British Novelists. She is Professor of Creative Writing at Bath Spa University and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature.
Twitter: @NaomiAllthenews | Instagram: @naomi_alderman | www.naomialderman.com
Robyn Law – Head of Prizes and Awards, SoA
Need to know
Before the event
- Once registered, you will be sent a confirmation email with the Zoom link
- If the confirmation email doesn’t arrive in your inbox, please check your junk /spam email folder.
- Please add email@example.com to your Safe Senders list so you receive our confirmation, and reminder emails
During the event
- This online event will take place on Zoom Webinar; you will not be visible on screen but will be able ask questions via the Q&A function or interact via the chat box
- This event will be recorded but you won’t be on screen
- Attendees have the option to turn on the live transcript option
- This event is 45 minutes.
After the event
- Hashtag for this event: #SoAatHome
- You’ll be able to catch the recording on our Vimeo channel