Afternoon Tea with Paterson Joseph
18 May @ 14:30 - 15:15 BST
Grab a cuppa and get to know actor and writer, Paterson Joseph. Paterson will be in conversation with Senior Publishing Contracts Advisor, Theo Jones, to discuss his work and career and offer a glimpse into his creative routine.
- Welcome, introductions and housekeeping from Theo Jones – Senior Publishing Contracts Advisor, SoA (3 mins)
- Introduction from Paterson Joseph and a glimpse into his creative routine (30 mins)
- Summary and closing comments (2 mins)
- Paterson will do a short reading from his recent book The Secret Diaries of Charles Ignatius Sancho (5 mins)
- Q&A with the audience (10 mins)
- This event will be moderated by Sophia Jackson – Head of Events, SoA
Send us your questions in advance
If you would like to send questions in advance, email Sophia A Jackson on [email protected] with ‘Paterson Joseph – Question’ in the subject header. We will prioritise questions sent in advance and answer as many as we can from the audience on the day.
SoA @ Home Fundraising Bookshop
Browse our virtual Bookshop.org store featuring books by authors and speakers taking part in the SoA @ Home Festival. When you make a purchase using our affiliate links, a percentage will go to the Authors’ Contingency Fund, providing hardship grants to authors in financial difficulty.
Paterson Joseph is an actor and writer. He has performed extensively on the British stage and has more recently been seen on television in Vigil and Noughts and Crosses, Peep Show, Timeless and The Leftovers. He is soon to be seen as Arthur Slugworth in the forthcoming Wonka movie. The Secret Diaries of Charles Ignatius Sancho is his debut novel.
Twitter: @ignatius_sancho | Instagram: @patersondjoseph
Need to know
- Attendees will have the option to turn on the live transcript option
- If you require BSL interpretation for this event, please email [email protected]
Before the event
- Once registered, you will be sent a confirmation email with the Zoom link
- If the confirmation email doesn’t arrive in your inbox, please check your junk/spam email folder
- Please add [email protected] to your Safe Senders list so you receive our confirmation, and reminder emails
During the event
- This online event will take place on Zoom Webinar; you will not be visible on screen but will be able ask questions via the Q&A function or interact via the chat box
- This event will be recorded but you won’t be on screen
- Attendees have the option to turn on the live transcript option
- This event is 45 minutes
After the event
- Hashtag for this event: #SoAatHome
- You’ll be able to catch the recording on our Vimeo channel
Book your place by using the registration below.
All #SoAatHome events are free but if you can afford to, please consider donating to our Authors’ Contingency Fund and we suggest a minimum donation of £5. The fund is to help professional authors experiencing financial hardship. DONATE HERE
Financial support for authors in need through the health crisis and beyond
Since March 2020, the Authors’ Contingency Fund has distributed over £1 million in small grants to authors facing financial hardship due to COVID-19.
With at least 57% of authors facing financial losses during the pandemic, we have helped people struggling financially due to contractual, employment and event cancellations, others who have lost income due to illness, and others prevented from working because of caring responsibilities.
As the health crisis continues, applications for grants continue to come in, and our emergency funds are running low.
So, if you are in a position to help, please donate via the link below. If you are an author facing financial hardship, please click here to see if we can help.
20% off your first year with discount code SOAFESTIVAL20
The Society of Authors is the UK’s biggest trade union for authors – representing more than 11,300 writers, illustrators, translators and other creative practitioners.
Our standard subscription rate is just £26.25 per quarter (£18.50 for students).
As an SoA member, you’ll get:
- Access to all our SoA @ Home Festival events for free
- Unlimited one-to-one professional advice
- Membership of our online and real-world professional networks
- A range of member-only discounts, including books, insurance and travel
- And much more.
JOIN NOW | PRICING
We'll send you the Zoom joining details by email.
Please email [email protected] if you do not receive them.