- This event has passed.
AGM Week: Feel Good Friday – Draw along with Ken Wilson-Max
18 November @ 11:00 - 11:45 GMT
Join us for a live art class with Children’s author and illustrator, Ken Wilson-Max, as he takes you through timed exercises and discusses working practice and techniques as you draw.
You will be able to share your illustrations as you go and comment in the chat box. You’re welcome to have your video on during the session, but participants will be in listen-only mode.
- Welcome, introductions and housekeeping from Teddy McDonald, Communications & Campaigns Officer, SoA (2 mins)
- Draw-along with Ken Wilson-Max (30 mins)
- Q&A with audience (10 mins)
- Summary and closing comments (3 mins)
Ken Wilson-Max – Writer / Illustrator
Ken Wilson Max is the author of Astro Girl, the Lenny books, The Drum, and more than 70 other books for young children published all over the world. Ken also works at award-winning independent publisher, Alanna Max. He was born in Zimbabwe and spent his early childhood living near Victoria Falls. His fondest memories are of laughing, singing, dancing and eating with his large and truly diverse family. Because of this, Ken’s books are naturally inclusive, and his distinctive style always manages to capture special moments between children and grown-ups.
Send us your questions
If you would like to send questions in advance, email [email protected] with ‘Draw-along – Ken Wilson-Max’ in the subject header. We will prioritise questions sent in advance and answer as many as we can from the audience on the day.
SoA @ Home Fundraising Bookshop
Browse our virtual Bookshop.org store featuring books by authors and speakers taking part in the SoA @ Home Festival. When you make a purchase using our affiliate links a percentage will go to the Authors’ Contingency Fund, providing hardship grants to authors in financial difficulty.
Need to know
Before the event
- Once registered, you will be sent a confirmation email with the Zoom link
- If the confirmation email doesn’t arrive in your inbox, please check your junk/spam email folder
- Please add [email protected] to your Safe Senders list so you receive our confirmation, and reminder emails
During the event
- This online event will take place on Zoom Meetings; you will have the option to be on camera or not, you can ask questions in the chat or directly
- This event will be recorded.
- Attendees have the option to turn on the live transcript option
- This event is 45 minutes
After the event
- Hashtag for this event: #SoAatHome
- You’ll be able to catch the recording on our Vimeo channel
Book your place by using the registration below.
All #SoAatHome events are free but if you can afford to, please consider donating to our Authors’ Contingency Fund and we suggest a minimum donation of £5. The fund is to help professional authors experiencing financial hardship. DONATE HERE
If you are unable to book using the registration box below, please email [email protected] with the name and date of the event you’d like to register for and we’ll confirm your place.