Feel Good Friday – Qigong Class
12 May @ 11:00 - 11:45 BST
Join SoA member, Fay Johnstone for mindful movement to transform your energy body and receive a fresh perspective. This playful session will help you release tension, shift stagnation and increase the flow of creativity, inspiration and ideas.
- Welcome, introductions and housekeeping from Lilly Brend-Fish, Events & Outreach Assistant, SoA (5 mins)
- Qigong Class hosted by Fay Johnstone (30 mins)
- Closing comments and Q&A (10 mins)
What will this session cover?
The session includes standing postures with gentle movement, breath awareness and meditation. Wear loose, comfortable clothing and make sure you have an arm’s width of free space around you. No experience is necessary. For those unable to stand for the duration, you can remain seated in a firm-based chair.
Who is this session for?
For everyone seeking an energy reset, stuck in a rut with their writing, in need of fresh ideas or suffering with writer’s block.
Send us your questions in advance
If you would like to send questions in advance, email [email protected] with ‘Qigong Class’ in the subject header. We will prioritise questions sent in advance and answer as many as we can from the audience on the day.
SoA @ Home Fundraising Bookshop
Browse our virtual Bookshop.org store featuring books by authors and speakers taking part in the SoA @ Home Festival. When you make a purchase using our affiliate links, a percentage will go to the Authors’ Contingency Fund, providing hardship grants to authors in financial difficulty.
Fay Johnstone combines over twenty years of reiki practice with elemental qigong, plant medicine and creative shamanism in her healing work, teaching and writing. Her focus is to assist us with realigning with our true innate nature. Fay has written three published books and also runs retreats from her home in Scotland.
Website: www.fayjohnstone.com | Instagram Hashtag: #plantsthatspeak | Facebook: @fayjmeditation
Need to know
- Attendees will have the option to turn on the live transcript option to watch with subtitles
- If you require BSL interpretation for this event, please email [email protected]
Before the event
- Once registered, you will be sent a confirmation email with the Zoom link
- If the confirmation email doesn’t arrive in your inbox, please check your junk/spam email folder
- Please add [email protected] to your Safe Senders list so you receive our confirmation and reminder emails
During the event
- This online event will take place on Zoom Meetings; you will have the option to be on camera or not, you can ask questions in the chat or directly
- This event will be recorded
- Attendees have the option to turn on the live transcript option
- This event is 45 minutes
After the event
- Hashtag for this event: #SoAatHome
- You’ll be able to catch the recording on our Vimeo Channel
Book your place by using the registration below.
All #SoAatHome events are free but if you can afford to, please consider donating to our Authors’ Contingency Fund and we suggest a minimum donation of £5. The fund is to help professional authors experiencing financial hardship. DONATE HERE
Financial support for authors in need through the health crisis and beyond
Since March 2020, the Authors’ Contingency Fund has distributed over £1 million in small grants to authors facing financial hardship due to COVID-19.
With at least 57% of authors facing financial losses during the pandemic, we have helped people struggling financially due to contractual, employment and event cancellations, others who have lost income due to illness, and others prevented from working because of caring responsibilities.
As the health crisis continues, applications for grants continue to come in, and our emergency funds are running low.
So, if you are in a position to help, please donate via the link below. If you are an author facing financial hardship, please click here to see if we can help.
20% off your first year with discount code SOAFESTIVAL20
The Society of Authors is the UK’s biggest trade union for authors – representing more than 11,300 writers, illustrators, translators and other creative practitioners.
Our standard subscription rate is just £26.25 per quarter (£18.50 for students).
As an SoA member, you’ll get:
- Access to all our SoA @ Home Festival events for free
- Unlimited one-to-one professional advice
- Membership of our online and real-world professional networks
- A range of member-only discounts, including books, insurance and travel
- And much more.
JOIN NOW | PRICING
We'll send you the Zoom joining details by email.