- This event has passed.
Generating Content for School Visits with Cat Weatherill **CANCELLED**
24 March @ 10:30 - 16:30 GMT£30 – £45
What is required in a ‘Whole school presentation?’ How do you create a writing workshop? How do you link your books to what you are oﬀering?
Cat’s previous workshop on school visits showed that many authors are keen to explore content in greater depth.
This day-long, nuts-and-bolts workshop will allow time for Cat Weatherill to demonstrate and share her step-by-step method for creating workshops.
The day will focus entirely on developing the content for a school visit.
What will this workshop cover?
- The morning session will explore assemblies and presentations.
- The afternoon will consider workshops. What do schools want and expect? What elements should be included? How can you generate content that will work?
- Participants will gain a greater understanding of what might be achieved and learn how to make it happen.
- They will discover how their books can springboard ideas that teachers will welcome and children will enjoy.
- It will also be a great opportunity to exchange ideas with friendly fellow authors!
Who is it for?
- New authors who need help with presentations for schools.
- Established authors who would like to feel more confident about the content of their school presentations.
- New and established authors who would like to offer creative writing workshops (juniors & seniors) to schools but don’t know how to plan sessions.
It is NOT suitable for illustrators! It is about working with text and writing and it will not be about creating content for infants.
10.30 – Start
1-2pm – Lunch
4.30pm – Close
Tickets and booking (includes lunch)
- SoA Members: £30
- Non-Members (Guests): £45
About Cat Weatherill
In a 20 year career, storyteller and author Cat Weatherill has worked with thousands of children in hundreds of schools, both in the UK and abroad. She frequently works with up to 800 children per day, fuelled almost entirely by tea and biscuits. Her lively sessions for the SoA are always enormously helpful and a great chance to network.
Coronavirus Guidance and Cancellation Policy