- This event has passed.
One-on-one online and phone consultations with Ian Skillicorn
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 00:00 on Friday, repeating until 1 July 2020
In an increasingly competitive market, it is essential for authors to know how best to promote their ebooks to readers. Bestselling ebook author Ian Skillicorn will offer individual consultations with specialist advice on three topics of your choice, including the latest techniques for marketing ebooks, your product page MOT, and everything you need to know about publishing ebooks.
50% discount for Society of Authors members until 1 July.
Who are these sessions for?
These one-hour sessions are ideal both for traditionally and self-published authors, as well as for those considering self-publishing new or backlisted work. While the focus is on ebooks, some elements, such as Facebook Ads, can also be applied to marketing printed books.
Session 1: Marketing Your Ebook
The sessions are tailored to each author’s specific requirements, and can include one of the following topics:
- Amazon marketing services – How to set up ads for your ebooks on Amazon. Researching keywords and products to target the right readers.
- Facebook – How to use Facebook to reach readers. Setting up a Facebook ad account. How to create a winning Facebook ad and target it to the right people.
- Ebook promotion mailing lists, e.g. Book Bub – How to use ebook promotion mailing lists to sell more ebooks through ads and featured deals.
Session 2: Ebook Publishing
The publishing consultations are tailored to each author’s specific requirements, and can include topics such as:
- Why independently publish your books as ebooks? Looking at reasons for independently publishing your book as an ebook rather than trying to get a traditional book deal
- Are you the right person to publish your work as ebooks? Qualities and skills that you need to be successful at publishing ebooks
- Is your book suitable for publishing as an ebook?
- Publishing options – sales channels for your ebook
- Preparing your manuscript – includes editing, proofreading, formatting, cover design and pricing
- Publishing your ebook – how to publish your ebook via Amazon, Apple and Kobo.
Session 3: Your Product Page MOT
The Product Page MOT session looks at the following elements: book title; book cover; book description; book keywords; price; ‘Also boughts’ on your book page; competitors on your book page; your Amazon Author Central account.
We’ll compare each of these elements with those of other books in your genre, paying attention to books that are selling well.
One session should be enough to examine each element of your book’s product page, and to come up with steps you can take afterwards to improve your page. Follow-up sessions can be arranged if required. There is no obligation to book more than one session.
Tickets and booking
To book, please visit Ian Skillicorn’s website to arrange an appointment:
- SoA Members: £35 (special discounted rate) includes VAT; payable by BACS
- Non-Members: £72 includes VAT; payable by BACS
About your presenter: Ian Skillicorn
Ian Skillicorn’s two ebook imprints have published over 150 titles, with bestsellers in the US, UK and Australia, and total sales of close to half a million copies. He publishes contemporary fiction and non-fiction, as well as reissuing bestselling fiction by some of the twentieth century’s most successful English language novelists, such as Lucilla Andrews, Ursula Bloom, Catherine Gaskin and Naomi Jacob. Ian is a regular speaker, appearing at writing conferences, and on debating and judging panels around the UK. He is a member of the Society of Authors, the Translators’ Association, and the Chartered Institute of Linguists, and is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
www.ianskillicorn.com | Twitter: @ian_skillicorn
Any questions? Email Sophia A Jackson