Putney Group online meet-up
6 September @ 20:00 - 21:00 BST
Join our Putney Group on Tuesday 6 September from 8pm for an informal, supportive chat with fellow authors. Below are a list of prompts to spark a discussion during our Zoom session.
- Schopenhauer: ‘A precondition for reading good books is not reading bad ones: for life is short.’
- Margaret Atwood: ‘Wanting to meet a writer because you like his work is like wanting to meet a duck because you like pâté.’
- If a book is worth reading only once, it’s hardly worth reading at all.
- André Breton: ‘Happily the days of psychological literature, with all its fictitious plots, are numbered.’
- Emil Cioran: ‘A book is a suicide postponed.’
- Milan Kundera: ‘A novel that does not uncover a hitherto unknown segment of existence is immoral.’
- Is there an author you find yourself thinking more about than you did any person in your real life?
All welcome, whether you’re in Putney or the surrounding area!
Local group online meet-ups are free to attend. To join us, click the Going button below and enter your details in the RSVP form. We’ll send you an email with a link to join us on Zoom.
If the confirmation email doesn’t arrive in your inbox, please check your junk mail folder! Please email us with any queries.
Please note: by registering for this meet-up you agree for your contact email to be sent to the meet-up organiser.