- This event has passed.
24 March @ 18:00 - 20:00 GMTFree
We are excited to invite SoA Members to our first in person event since before the global pandemic, in March 2020
Join us for an SoA Lates – the first in our relaunch of the programme – and the chance to meet and mingle with SoA staff and fellow members, hosted by our chair Joanne Harris and our Management Committee.
- 6pm – event starts
- Welcome and introductions – Nicola Solomon, SoA’s Chief Executive and Joanne Harris, SoA’s Chair of Management Committee
- 8pm event finishes
Places are limited and subject to availability and are for SoA Members only.
Wine and nibbles will be served.
SoA Lates 2022 – dates for your diary
We recommend the following:
- Staying home if you’re feeling unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms
- Taking a Lateral Flow test within 24 hours of the event (testing kits are free until 31 March 2022)
- Washing your hands when coming in from the outdoors and / or before touching your face
- Applying alcohol hand sanitiser (we will have these on site)
Book your place using the registration form below.
All SoA Lates are free to SoA Members but, if you can afford it, we recommend a minimum £5 donation to the Authors’ Contingency Fund to help us support authors facing financial hardship during the health crisis. DONATE HERE
Financial support for authors in need through the health crisis and beyond
Since March 2020, the Authors’ Contingency Fund has distributed over £1 million in small grants to authors facing financial hardship due to COVID-19.
With at least 57% of authors facing financial losses during the pandemic, we have helped people struggling financially due to contractual, employment and event cancellations, others who have lost income due to illness, and others prevented from working because of caring responsibilities.
As the health crisis continues, applications for grants continue to come in, and our emergency funds are running low.
So, if you are in a position to help, please donate via the link below. If you are an author facing financial hardship, please click here to see if we can help.