- This event has passed.
The Reluctant Networker: Online Networking in the Literary World
30 June @ 15:00 - 16:00 BST
In this session, Ronke Lawal will offer tips and tactics to improve your confidence and get the most out of networking in literary or publishing spaces in the online world in a way that makes it fun, authentic and intentional.
Networking is a great way to raise your profile and build relationships in your professional career. Although we’d all like to think that talent alone will get you to where you want to be, you will also need to build key relationships within the industry to really grow your profile and open new doors of opportunity for yourself and others.
In this workshop, you’ll learn:
- Confidence building tricks – how to get over the fear of networking
- Telling your story – practice pinpointing what makes you unique
- Relationship building – what makes conversations and connections meaningful online
- Personal branding – discover how having a strong personal brand can impact on your future relationships
- Social media for networking – use social media effectively to find your tribe
This event is for SoA members only. Not yet a member? You can join here.
If you would like to send questions in advance, email Francesca Howell with ‘Online Networking question’ in the subject header.
Ronke Lawal, PR specialist
Ronke Lawal, Founder of Ariatu PR, is dedicated to seeing people thrive and succeed. Using over a decade of business experience she gives individuals, creatives and business owners strategic ways to use PR in their own professional, personal or business lives.
Webiste: ariatupublicrelations.com Twitter: @ronkelawal