The SoA Educational Writers Group (EWG) was set up in 1964 to:
- Protect the interests of educational authors in professional matters, especially contracts, rates of pay, digitalisation and copyright
- Keep its members informed about developments in education, curriculum, TEFL, digital media and government policy
- Lobby for adequate funding for books in schools, colleges and libraries, and for well-stocked public libraries and professionally-staffed libraries in all educational institutions
- Encourage publishers in all media to respect the highest professional standards in educational writing, see our guidelines
- Enable educational writers to get together in congenial surroundings.
Members of the SoA who work in the education sector automatically join the group and receive all email newsletters when they join the SoA. The group is run by an elected committee and coordinated by the SoA’s Livonia Okello and Natalie Thorpe.
We welcome feedback about professional issues and we ensure that relevant information is passed on to other group members. We also welcome feedback about group events and suggestions for future meetings. Get in touch
Members of the group can sign up for the EWG email newsletter which includes information relevant to educational authors. If you’re already signed up for this newsletter, don’t forget to let us know when your email address changes.